Saturday, March 8, 2014

Foodie Diary: Entry #1

Okay. So I don't consider myself a certified foodie. I'm just someone who enjoys a good meal, and I want to share these yummy food finds with you. I guess you can say that I have a sort of discriminating taste, so trust me when I say that these dishes are worth discovering! Check it out below... my favorites.. as in I could eat this all day everyday! #medyobaboy

Happy Eating :)
PS: this list is is no particular yummy order.

#1 Family Mart's Twirl-All-You-Can ice cream.


Yes you read that right. TWIRL. ALL. YOU. CAN. Well, twirl all you can at one go that is. But still WHAT A DEAL for P25 pesos!! Trust me, get the mixed flavor. Green tea (although I never was a fan of green tea because it always seemed "mapait" to me, but this is so good) and salted caramel are my favorites! Family Mart likes to mix it up in the different branches. This one (pictured) is green tea and vanilla. At another branch I saw dark chocolate.

For those who are notaware, Family Mart is like a high-end 7-11... but still affordable. I also love their selection of Japanese food and have been wanting to try their coffee slush!

#2 Press Cafe's Chicken Boulade.

I've always been interested in food "wrapped", wether fajitas (Chili's is always a favorite) or burritos (Silantro's is good too). This one is yummy but does not feel guilty at all. I feel healthy eating this dish. haha. Basically it's chicken and leafy greens with honey mustard dressing wrapped in a lightly toasted thin pita-like/ soft shell. Not to mention it has drizzles of balsamic vinegar which makes it even yummier! Definitely can gobble this up in like 5 minutes! ha ha.








#3 Silantro's Beef Nachos

I recently discovered this mexican resto in Kapitolyo (would you believe I've lived in Pasig for almost 3 years now and have not yet explored the vast restos in Kapitolyo yet), Silantro. OH EM GEE. Thank you to whoever owns this place because it's SUPER YUMMY. Not to mention easy on the wallet. My favorite is the beef nachos. My Gawd, just look at that photo? Does it do the dish justice? If your mouth is watering right now, then yes. The nachos are super light and crispy and the shreds of beef are so soft! Capped with melted cheese (seems like 2 kinds) and that garnish just makes it the perfect bite.


 For those who aren't into beef, they also have a chicken version and that's equally good.



#4 Cafe Mary Grace's Beef Tapa.
I will say this to whoever will listen. You MUST TRY the Cafe Mary Grace Beef Tapa!! OMG i love it!! As a breakfast food lover, this takes the cake!! The tapa is not so sweet and not so spicy, tender and yummy. Paired with their special rosemary rice and your choice of sunny-sideup or scrambled eggs.. heaven!! And as If that wasn't enough, they have this amazing vinegar sauce and sides of green mango strips and cubed tomato with onions that are just mouthwatering! Makes me want to go there right now. haha. YUM.




#5 CBTL's Classic Cesar Salad (with extra chicken)

When I'm in a "healthy mood" or am on the-go or rushing from one place to another, this is my favorite go-to dish. A lot of times people don't really think the food in known-coffee or tea places are SO GOOD, but this IS. Light, crisp, crunchy and very tasty. Ask them to add on Chicken to the salad and have them "toss" it already. I especially love the think slices of queso de bola on top.











I hope this simple post made you as hungry as I am right now. haha.
Til the next Food Diary.


xoxo,
Vania



No comments:

Post a Comment