Thursday, October 11, 2012

Reflections on Giovanni's 40th Day

It was Giovanni's 4oth day last weekend. Time flies so fast but the heart never forgets.

There is not a day that goes by that I do not miss my baby Giovanni. Some days are better, I get busy with work and the other 2 kids and I get by pretty well. And then there are just other days when I can't help but think about my Giovanni all the time. Remembering all the memories and just wishing that he would could be here with me.

If there is one thing that I've learned to embrace in this unexpected events is that no one can really determine how long or short our time on earth is. I believe that a miracle could have happened that night. Giovanni could have survived and he would be here with us... but that particular miracle that we were praying for did not happen. Giovanni did not wake up and he left us on earth. God wanted this beautiful baby back. I suffer here on earth but I cling to the fact that Giovanni is in the loving arms of Mama Mary and Jesus. My baby could not get a better "baby sitter" than that!

Next year is the year of Faith. How apt. I cry "why?" and "Lord give me strength and stronger faith in you" at the same time. Why do these things happen? Why to me? Why Giovanni? So many questions I will never know the answer to while here on earth. I can just trust in God and have Faith. Lord, give grant me the grace to have an enormous amount of faith in you. Faith in your plans for my family. Faith in your will. Faith to be able to say, "The Lord giveth, the Lord taketh away. Blessed be the name of the Lord."


No comments:

Post a Comment